Each year more and more people are looking for natural options to promote and care for the health and wellbeing of their children. Most modern parents are conscious of eating well, moving well, avoiding chemicals and creating a nurturing, positive environment. Many health conscious parents are also having their children checked by a Chiropractor.
So, what is the ‘buzz’ about chiropractic for kids? Well, the 10 main reasons parents take their children to see a Chiropractor:
- To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
- To support their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
- To help strengthen their child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, earaches and general illness.
- To assist with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
- To encourage good spinal posture.
- To help improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
- To assist with behavioural disorders.
- To help alleviate digestive problems.
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Chiropractors interact with the body in a holistic way. They work with the structure of the body (mainly the spine) and its influence on body function (mainly via the nerve system). A better functioning nerve system means clearer communication from the brain to the body and back again. Creating a healthy, happy child!