This recipe is a Sharon Hunter special!
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup ginger, sliced into chunks (or can be grated)
- 1/4 cup galangal root, sliced as above
- 2 large lemongrass stalks, cut in half and bashed to release the flavours or use lemongrass paste.
- 10-12 kefir lime leaves whole (easier to remove)
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 3 large whole chicken breasts (or substitute with 2 pounds crispy Tofu)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (button, shiitake, cremini) or substitute other veggies like bell pepper, snow peas, etc